Monday, April 27, 2009

Finally Stopping Smoking.



This is it, time and again I have tried to wean myself off of smoking and something always gets me back up to smoking again. I spend $20 every 2 weeks or so on cigarettes. That is $20 I could be spending on some other source of fun. Rather than something that makes me sick, something that will eventually kill me if I keep this up. I have heard that the first 3 days are hard and the rest is just willpower not to pick it back up. I will sacrifice 3 crappy days for a lifetime of not getting out of breath, not smelling like smoke, and not having something I have to hide in my garage away from my kids to do.

If I don't want my kids to see me doing it, I shouldn't do it.

I think time at my computer will be short so there won't be much blogging and entering contests, etc because when I am idle that's my time to smoke. So I am going to stay as busy as possible. Please wish me luck as I will need it.

I have relinquished my money, I have demanded my husband promise me not to buy me cigarettes no matter my reasoning. I don't have the means to smoke right now, so I just need to get over the craving. I CAN do this.

4 comments:

  1. I have never smoked but here's the encouragement my grandmother hands out to everyone that makes a comment about quiting: "If an old lady like me can smoke almost 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey after 50 years then anyone can do it!" And that's the truth! She really did!!!

    So, I will say a prayer that you and wish you the best of luck! You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly hope you stick with your plan! Your health is important and your kids are worth it! YOU CAN DO IT! Look at it as saving your life. I am so proud of you for taking this step. Not too many people have your will. Live your life girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 21 hours. Good luck wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job!!!!!! I quit 2 1/2 years ago and it is NOT easy! After the 1st 3-4 days I just kept thinking do I want to go through those days again same thing after the first few weeks do I REALLY want to go through that again after this long. :) No lies I still crave. But everytime I wanted one I just kept telling myself do I really want to quit all over again. It helped.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so feed my comment monster please :D If you are entering a giveaway, please ensure you include your email address!

Blog Archive

Stats


View My Stats

Lijit Stats Wijit - Recent Readers List

Swidget 1.0

Blog Design by Chelle

ss_blog_claim=8229a9381adf674b1f1c32c8412886fd ss_blog_claim=8229a9381adf674b1f1c32c8412886fd