Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Couponing, etc.

A lot of the blogs I read are geared towards being frugal. I have become interested in them simply because with me at home and my husband at work, we need to be frugal. I try to save money etc and we do okay I guess, but I don't do anywhere near as good as some of these ladies do (
Deal Seeking Mom, Welcome to S&S, Saving for our family's Dreams!, Frugal In Virginia, etc.) I get the coupons weekly in my paper, I try to go to other stores when I see something really cheap (like getting soda at another store or whatever) but I don't tend to use the coupons I get. I forget about them or whatever...

I want to turn over a new leaf in the whole grocery shopping department, I just don't know where to start! I don't really know what is a good deal or not, because I buy things simply because we need it or whatever. I don't look at the price. So, I don't really know if I am going to get an insane deal or if I am paying too much!

I mainly shop at Walmart, because it is open 24/7 and because the other stores here seem to be too expensive (Reasors) or they just have crappy circulars (Warehouse Market, I'm looking at you!). I recently found out that Homeland does double coupons, while the other two stores DO NOT, so does that mean I should shop their for the most part.

Ok, maybe I am just asking for help, the only concise how to I could find was on CouponMom, but she doesn't do the deals for my area. So someone tell me how you figure out how you guys will shop and save so much money? I know it involves some sort of planning, I just want to know how you go about planning!

Also, I would like to add that I see there are a ton of great Internet Coupons, but my printer has run out of ink (quite awhile ago) and its ridiculously expensive to get new cartridges....anyone know a cheap place to get new ones?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat. I try to be frugal but just can't seem to remember the coupons when I go to the store. I also tried the CVS thing but couldn't get going in that either. I need someone to hold my hand and walk me through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Rebecca!

    Courtney, you might try following some of the CVS scenarios that I post every week. I lay out exactly what to buy and which coupons you need to do the deal. Let me know if you need any help!

    Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so feed my comment monster please :D If you are entering a giveaway, please ensure you include your email address!

Blog Archive

Stats


View My Stats

Lijit Stats Wijit - Recent Readers List

Swidget 1.0

Blog Design by Chelle

ss_blog_claim=8229a9381adf674b1f1c32c8412886fd ss_blog_claim=8229a9381adf674b1f1c32c8412886fd